The Cobwebb Project Process
We treat every project with a proven methodology for delivering successful projects enjoyably.
We have defined and refined this methodology for over hundreds of project deliveries.
The process contains 5 key stages:
- User Acceptance Testing
- Go Live
Once each stage is completed, a milestone confirms the completion and the project progresses onto the next stage.
In the first stage of the Procurement Process, we work with our customer to Qualify, Define, Propose, Approved and Procure the project. The project then advances to the next stage by reaching the Procured Milestone. The scope of the solution has now been agreed by all parties and the development stage can begin.
The next stage is the Development Process which includes the project’s five stages: Initiate, Detail, Develop, Document & Deliver. Once the solution has been developed to the specification and delivered to the test environment of the customer, the Delivered Milestone had been completed.
The User Accepted Test (UAT) Process is the third stage of the project process which includes the stages: Show and Tell and UAT. The solution will then pass the test plan and be confirmed to meet the specification of the customer and the Accepted Milestone has been achieved.
The Go Live stage includes the project being promoted to Live and Review with the customer. The solution is now fully operational and the Live Milestone is confirmed.
The Support Process is the final stage which includes the Warranty & Maintenance Support for the project providing support and reassurance for the customer’s project.
We continue to review and improve our process based on internal and customer feedback.
Please have a look at the diagram and definitions of each of the 16 stages below.
- User Acceptance Testing
- Go Live
The 16 stages and 4 milestones are described below:
- QUALIFY – The technical and financial viability of the solution is investigated
- DEFINE – The solution is defined, test plan agreed and service estimate is complete
- PROPOSE – The solution is proposed and confirmed to be a best fit
- APPROVE – The solution is signed off by the customer
- PROCURE – Financial and legal terms are completed
MILESTONE: Procured – The scope of the solution has now been agreed by all parties and the development stage can begin.
- INITIATE – Responsibility for the project is officially transferred to the Professional Services Team
- DETAIL – The Statement of Works and Schedule (including UAT start date and Go Live date) are completed and approved by all parties.
- DEVELOP – The solution is developed
- DOCUMENT – End-user documentation is completed base on specification
- DELIVER – The solution is delivered into the customer’s test environment
MILESTONE: Delivered – The solution has been developed to the specification and delivered to the test environment of the customer.
UAT (User Accepted Test) PROCESS:
- SHOW AND TELL – A show and tell of the solution is given to the customer. Responsibility for the project is officially transferred to the customer.
- USER ACCEPTANCE TEST – Full testing of the solution is performed by the customer, fully supported by Cobwebb, in line with the test plan. The solution is signed off as meeting the specification.
MILESTONE: Accepted – The solution has passed the test plan and has been confirmed to meet the specification.
GO LIVE PROCESS:
- PROMOTE TO LIVE – The solution is promoted to live. A ‘Live Test’ is performed.
- REVIEW – An opportunity for quantitative analysis of the project KPIs and for stakeholders to give feedback on lessons learnt and a chance to celebrate the achievement.
MILESTONE: Live – The solution is now fully operational.
- WARRANTY SUPPORT – Behaviour not in line with the specification is rectified.
- MAINTENANCE SUPPORT – The solution is maintained in a stable state.